The first week in Colorado.

The last part of July and first part of August were so busy and slightly without internet that I haven’t been able to write anything.  We did finally find a house to rent towards the end of July, so we packed up the house and moved in about a week.  Titus did most of the packing at first because I came down with a really horrible sinus cold and was pretty wiped out for days. The last few days he pushed me hard to get everything packed up so we could load the truck on Aug 3rd. A huge thank you to my mom for helping me pack the kitchen! What a job that was.  The house we moved to is a furnished mission house, but because I didn’t see the house before we moved I had no idea what to take and what to leave.  The last few days before moving were a whirlwind of making decisions on what to take and what to leave, all based on a house filled with stuff I had not seen.  And by the way, it’s a whole lot easier to move from a small house to a big house then the other way around.  I was completely beyond making decisions by the time everything was packed, and my mind had been overworked. 😉    We loaded the trailer and truck and van all on Aug 3rd.  A huge thanks to Titus’ Dad, Mom, brother and his wife for all the help that morning and for bringing the noon meal!  What a blessing!  James thought packing the trailer was great fun and kept bringing things for Uncle Timmy to put inside.

IMG_1114 IMG_1115 IMG_1116

Sadly the trailer didn’t end up being big enough so towards the end we started having to remake some of the to keep or to stay decisions we had already made!  Titus’ had to leave his motorcycle and I left my sewing machine and all my sewing stuff, some baby clothes that hopefully someone will bring before I need them and a few other things.  The moving trailer, van and the bed of the pick up were all completely full.  I didn’t know how we were going to fit everything into the house!

We stayed Saturday and Sunday night with Titus’ parents and left early Monday morning for Denver.  Sunday morning was hard and I cried a bit through church.  I had held up really really well that whole week of packing, but it kinda hit me Sunday morning.  Then Sunday night Titus took me to a surprise going away party that our family and a bunch of friends put on for us at Voss Park.  I didn’t know anything about it and it was such a great way to say good-bye to everyone!  It lifted my spirits a lot and I am so thankful for truly wonderful friends!

We left Monday for Denver and got there in the evening. The college that Titus is going to is in a church building right now and the church owns a house that is used for missionaries when they are on furlough. Kinda neat! But they haven’t had anyone there for a while and don’t want it to sit empty.  Since the house is furnished there were beds already set up so we didn’t have to do any unpacking that night.  Tuesday and Wednesday were spent packing up everything I didn’t need in the house, cleaning it, and unpacking all of our stuff.  All I can say is that having all three of my sisters here to help was unbelievably helpful!  They are angles!  The house had a lot to move out to make room for us.  There was a big chair, huge couch and a love seat all in the living room.  It was too much furniture so the girls and Titus moved out the very heavy couch.  It was very funny to watch them move it ‘the Reynolds’ way’ as my sisters said, since Titus had his own ideas of how to do it. 😉

IMG_1141 IMG_1142

On Tuesday night the church had a block party (it was national block party day or something like that), that I really really didn’t want to go to. But there was free food and the boys ended up having a great time. There was a bouncy house that James loved and there weren’t many kids so he got a lot of time inside.

IMG_1139 IMG_1140

Then the Englewood fire truck showed up and let the kids get inside. James was sooo excited!

IMG_1120 IMG_1127

IMG_1119 IMG_1123


Alaina was more excited about the size of coffee mug she found inside than anything else.


By Wednesday night I had figured out that there was stuff that had come with us that shouldn’t have, and stuff that didn’t come that should of. Very frustrating since I had spent so much time sorting through everything.  There is a whole box of kitchen stuff that should have come and didn’t including most of my Tupperware.  But on a happy note we found my sewing machine!  Ha ha! I am so happy that it accidentally got here!  Gideon got sick on Wednesday night so the next week was spent holding him and trying to keep him from crying.  It has been a very long week, and it doesn’t seem like we have only been here a week and a half.

I will post more later about the house but here are pictures of the back yard and the front of the house.  The backyard is a dream! I love it.  It could use a bit more shade, but it is completely fenced in.  I don’t have to worry about the boys back there at all! It’s wonderful.


This picture is to show you just how close we are to the church and school Titus will be going to. See the huge parking lot my boys ride their ‘bikes’ in? It’s also great! I’m going to love being so close to Titus’ school!


5 responses to “The first week in Colorado.

  1. Lol great pic of Alana!

  2. I’m so glad you got a picture of that coffee mug!!!

  3. I wanna see pics of the house.

  4. Great to see how God provided that house right next door to the school. You will love that fence too!! Keep the updates coming.

  5. So glad to hear your sewing machine got in your packing by surprise : ) See how God so wonderfully provided for you! Happy for you!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s